More About Key Club
"We don't make keys. We make a difference."
-Hoa Chan Do, 2019-2020 Key Club Editor
Cy Ridge Key Club is one of the biggest clubs on campus, and it gives a great opportunity to interact with different types of people and to make an enthusiastic environment by giving back to the community. Being in Key Club builds character, leadership skills and puts many in an optimistic mind-set to make our schools and community a more well-rounded place to be in. Making new friends, feeling good about yourself, and actually making a difference... Why wouldn't you join?! Key Club is a great opportunity for you to expand your social horizons and meet new people of all ages. It's an excellent place for you to gain service hours. Key Club looks great on college applications, especially if you remain a member throughout your high school career. Colleges aspire to recruit students who are well-rounded, and Key Club is a prime way to show that you focus on school and community service. But remember, being in Key Club doesn't just go on your applications. It leaves a great impact on who you are as a person, because in every event you participate in, you learn something new. You learn to approach people, improve communication skills, and understand what it means to give back to the community.
Some interesting facts:
- Key Club has 265,000 members, and is increasing every day. The more members, the more friends you make!
- Key Club is represented in 32 countries! Some listed countries are: Canada, Italy, Germany, Thailand, and England.
- You're probably wondering... how was Key Club even started? The “Key Boys” were the popular boys at Sacramento High School who started the first Key Club to give back to their community.
- Every Key Club official color has a meaning- Blue stands for unwavering character, gold stands for service, and white stands for purity.
- Bill Clinton, Elvis Presley, and Brad Pitt were actually Key Club members!
- The Cy Ridge Key Club is one of the biggest on campus, so come join and be a part of our awesome family!